JOIN NATIONWIDE SPRING DAYS OF ACTION AGAINST KILLER DRONES
VIGIL AGAINST THE DRONES
OUTSIDE THE GATES OF CAMP WILLIAMS/VOLK FIELD
People across the country are coming together and speaking out against the killer drones in April and May as part of the SPRING DAYS OF ACTION AGAINST DRONES.
We have been vigiling monthly at Volk Field for more than two years. As reported by Medea Benjamin of Code Pink, the work that we, and other activists around the country are doing, is having an impact.
- A number of organizations, from the World Council of Churches to the European Union, have come out against killing by drones.
- The National Organization for Drone Victims has been organized by friends and families of drone strike victims in Yemen.
- The UN Human Rights Council passed a resolution calling for transparency in drone strikes and organizing a panel of experts to address the legal issues, despite the US boycotting the talks.
- Ben Emmerson, UN Special Rapporteur on Terrorism released a report concluding that nations using drones must provide a “public explanation of the circumstances and a justification for the use of deadly force.”
- Actions are going on in many parts of the country from California to New England.
Without our continued dedication, these developments would not have taken place.
WE NEED YOU NOW TO JOIN IN THE CONTINUING STRUGGLE, putting pressure on the Obama Administration to end this targeted assassination program.
If you can’t make the vigil at Camp Williams/Volk Field every month, please try to make the and so we can show the country that Wisconsin says NO to drone warfare. vigil
This is a legal vigil where we will be standing on public property. As always, it will be solemn, remembering the victims of US government drone attacks.
Other upcoming events here in Wisconsin for Spring Days of Action against Drones:
- – 7::00-9:30 pm – Fountain – 122 State St. Madison – Screening of the film “Unmanned: America’s Drone Wars”. Discussion to follow.
- – Time to be announced – Volk Field – Open house at Volk Field will give us a chance to be there and educate the public.
- Look for information on filing a criminal complaint against Obama and personnel at Volk Field involved in the drone program with the US Attorney’s office in Madison.
- Look for information on lobbying our members of Congress to end drone warfare.
|Fly kites, not drones!|
To get to Volk Field, take the Camp Douglas exit off Interstate 90/94 between Mauston and Tomah. When you exit take County Rd. C to the northeast. You will see the base straight ahead, but follow County Rd. C to the right and within a few blocks is a picnic wayside. Since the wayside is closed for the winter, we will park on the side of the road.
We will gather at the wayside betweenfor introductions and to review the plan for the vigil, and then process together to the gates of the base where we will hold a solemn vigil for one hour to remember those killed by drones. It is important that the voices of the victims be brought to the gates of Volk Field.
Bring posters if you can. Bring a kite if you want to and FLY KITES NOT DRONES.
Please try to carpool. If you’re in the Madison area, we will meet in the parking lot of East Towne Mall between JC Penney and the Firestone Auto Care Store. Be there aroundso we can take as few cars as possible and be on the road by .
We hope to see you at the vigil on 608 239-4327 or email@example.com or Bonnie at 608-256-5088 or firstname.lastname@example.org .. If you can’t come this time, mark your calendar for the 4th of every month and join us when you can. If you have any questions please call or email Joy at
|The nationwide Spring Days|
of Drone Action continue!
CLICK HERE to learn more
about actions in your state!